Friday, June 4, 2010

Sprinting

OMG!!!!! I just finished training and I am utterly beat. I had such a fantastic workout. This week I started incorporating sprints into my regimen. There's a chapter on speed, agility, and quickness in my textbook so I thought I'd give it a try. Also, my friend, who's a trainer, taught me, and recommends it. I will absolutely hurt tomorrow, but in a good way.

The reason why I am enjoying sprinting is because it's for a short duration, then you get to rest. I tell myself that I can do it, it's only for 60 seconds (or however long you choose). Then you rest up and are ready to go again. It's a completely different way to push yourself.

The benefits are pretty fabulous too, you burn a TON of calories and strengthen your heart. If you do try sprinting, please be sure to monitor your heart rate and stay in a safe zone. Also, remember to eat, or drink a protein shake, as soon as possible for recovery. No later than 30 minutes post workout.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
If you are having trouble getting to the gym, set your gym clothes out and get your gym bag ready the night before. As soon as you wake up put your gym clothes on. If you automatically get ready for the gym, you will most likely end up going. NO EXCUSES!!!