Thursday, June 17, 2010

Grab a partner

Today has been a FABULOUS day! I worked out with the trainer again today, what a workout. I'm telling you, this man knows so much, I feel almost childlike around him. I'm so excited to learn. We did intense running, with a full body routine after. I immediately came home and soaked in a hot bath, I know I will be soar tomorrow.

This leads me to my topic, grab a partner. If you read this blog you know I'm a fanatic, and every workout I do is intense. I must say however, having a partner does help. Today while we were doing the running, I wanted to quit, it was so hard, but I had a partner so I didn't........I kept going, increasing the speed, and I completed the routine. If Todd hadn't been there, I probably wouldn't have pushed myself the way I did, I worked off of his energy.

Now, I'm not going to always have someone there, but it's nice every once in awhile to share the experience. I encourage you to grab a workout buddy, enroll in a class, or if you can afford to hire a trainer. Especially if your having a hard time getting started. You'll build a great relationship, and reap the rewards.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
Avoid the myth of giving up red meat entirely. Beef is a top source of protein, zinc, iron, and B vitamins. Moderation is key. You can have up to three 6oz servings of cooked red meat a week, just remember to choose the lean cuts. (I personally didn't eat red meat for 16 years until Oct. 2009, now I consume at least one 6oz fillet Mignon a week for the nutrients)