Monday, June 7, 2010

Own your words

Just got in from the gym. Today was hardcore cardio on the bicycle. My goal today was for distance, or endurance, not power. I had a lower resistance because I wanted to stay on the bike for a long duration of time. I was able to cycle for over an hour, and over 16 miles. What a great way to start the week!

One thing about me, if you don't know me personally, is that I own my words. This is extremely uncommon for people in L.A. Basically, if I say I'm going to do something, I do it. It's a standard I set for myself that I'm really proud of.

I don't have a ton of money, and I'm not rich and famous (yet), but what I do have our my words. So, I'm going to call N.A.S.M. today and set up my testing for my certification. It's something I've been putting off, because it's scary....so much information, but if I tell you, then I'm gonna do it.

Today set a fitness goal and tell a friend or loved one, own your words. This will hold you accountable and will set the goal in motion. This goal can be big or small, and when you accomplish it, get ready to reap the rewards!

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
It's the beginning of the week, what I always do to start my week off is cook a bunch of lean protein. I grill 8 turkey patties and 4 chicken breasts, this way I have healthy protein available at all times in my refrigerator. I can easily heat it up and refuel the right way, especially if I'm in a hurry.