Monday, June 21, 2010

Struggles

Yesterday was an emotional, draining day. I fought with someone I love (not a man, I'm single), then I had to go to work at night. After work it took me a very long time to fall asleep. I woke up this morning tired and drained, I didn't want to do anything but lay in bed. I was struggling.

I did roll out of bed and man, I tried all my tricks in the book to wake up. I drank coffee and green tea, ate extra fruit for sugar, turned on happy music and listened to it loudly......nothing was working. Believe me when I tell you I came extremely close to laying back in bed and ordering a pizza. I thought about it though, in the end I would just feel worse about that.

I picked up the phone and called a friend who always gives me energy. Do you have anyone in your life that by just hearing his or her voice makes you feel good? It's a beautiful gift that I cherish. It got me out of my slump, and I immediately went downstairs for my hardcore treadmill routine, a few quick ab exercises, and meditation time in the dry sauna. I'm still thinking about my friend, but I must say, I feel very good that I took care of my body and I am more at peace with things.

It's always good to have that secret list of friends or family to call when you need some inspiration or pick me up. Reaching out to those whom you know love you and won't judge you is a gift that is priceless. If for some reason there is no one in your life like that, send me an email with your number, I'll respond, and know you can always call me.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
If your having trouble getting the proper RDA (recommended daily allowance) amounts of fruits and vegetables then incorporate fruits and veggies into quick meals you already make. For example: add broccoli florets to your pasta, mix peas and carrots into rice, or top cereal with berries.

*P.S. To Lenny in Sataton Island, thank you for the kind email, check your mail soon!