Saturday, March 13, 2010

Cardio, Cardio, Cardio

Hi,

Today was my day of hardcore cardio and let me tell you I feel great. I fractured my ankle almost 4 months ago and have only recently been back doing cardio. Today I cycled 12.54 miles and then did some ab work. I incorporate cardio into my fitness schedule to strengthen my heart. For most people it's the best way to get smaller....but we'll go into that another day. For now I want to share with you a personal story to get you inspired to move your body and be healthy.

I love my mother more than any other person in the world, don't get me wrong I am daddy's little girl, but there's something about mother's....we were in them. I was very fortunate to grow up with high family values, I LOVE MY FAMILY, I was blessed with a kind, loving, supportive, fabulous family. I'm thankful for that everyday. So my mother 2 1/2 years ago went through knee replacement surgery. It was very difficult on her, but she needed to have it done. In the last 6 years I have tried to motivate her to loose weight and get healthy, I want her on this planet as long as possible. Well to make a long story short about six months ago I received a call from her, she told me she had joined a gym. It's crazy to this day I remember where I was (Target on Santa Monica and La Brea in Hollywood), I was looking at socks. After I got off the phone with her I realized something.......one of my prayers were answered. I will forever remember that moment. Here's the thing I know a lot of you don't have time or energy but let me tell you if my mother who is in her late 50's can do it, I KNOW YOU CAN!!!!! I have her give me frequent updates and to here her tell me she's up to 24 minutes on the treadmill is music to my ears and makes me feel so good. So my point here is this: maybe try thinking about how getting healthy will affect others....wives, kids, anyone who loves you.

Thank you for reading and remember whatever shape or size you are always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:

This is super easy and it floors me that people (especially men) don't do it. TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO STRETCH BEFORE AND AFTER YOUR WORKOUT!!!!!!! Especially when doing cardio, it is a major key to preventing injury. A few simple minutes can save you alot of pain!!!!!