Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Human Garbage Can

Good afternoon! I just did a fantastic 15 minute ab workout, yoga later this evening. I've been incredibly busy and started feeling run down yesterday. My boyfriend is sick, (poor baby), to ensure I don't get sick I'm taking it easy the next few days. I'm also taking echinacea, a natural supplement that supports immune function.

I wanted to share a conversation I had with my sister last night on the phone. I want to let you all know I am tremendously proud of my sister. She has been battling weight issues since the third grade and she is winning this fight! She works hard at it every day and it shows. Yay Nay Nay!!!! Anyways, while we were talking she shared a conversation her nutritional therapist had with her.

Growing up I'm sure we all have heard someone tell us to clean our plates, not to waste food, etc. I don't agree with these statements. My sis' nutritional therapist once asked her, "Why are you the human garbage can"? What a great way of looking at something. You throw your unwanted or uneaten food away in the garbage, right? Why eat it all just to eat it and be the human garbage can????? This question alone has helped my sister keep her weight off and change her life.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
Don't be a human garbage can.

P.S. I hope you are having a wonderful birthday Heathsta!!!!! xoxo