Friday, April 30, 2010

Pilates

I woke up really early this morning and just didn't feel like leaving my apartment. Sometimes you just don't feel like going anywhere, ya know? Well, that doesn't mean skipping out on your workout. I was going to spend my hour with Cathe Friedrich's, and do her workout I recorded, but decided I wanted to change things up.

A few months ago I bought a piece of equipment that was featured in one of my magazines, Shape. It's called: CorePlus Reformer, it's made by Gaiam, and is a resistance band that has four handles. It came with a Workout DVD featuring pilates guru, Mari Winsor. I bought it at drugstore.com for around $35. So, I FINALLY did Mari's core workout with my new reformer and really enjoyed it.

I'm a big fan of pilates. I was the demonstrator in my class for two years. Pilates is so good for your core and is a great full body workout that keeps you lean. It's also great for gaining flexibility, I encourage men to take pilates for this reason. There are mat classes, or classes that use machines. Each are great for your body, and are both challenging. I eventually will teach a mat pilates class.....it's on my agenda! Enjoy your weekend, have some fun, and be healthy!

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
As with yoga, if you can't afford to take pilates classes there are great DVD's to purchase, or rent at your local library. My favorites are Denise Austin, or any Winsor series.