Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Circuit Training

I have an incredibly busy day today, all in a good way of course. For me, I work better when I'm busy, it helps me stay on track. I do, however, love an easy day here and there.......don't we all?

Due to my crazy day I only had 45 minutes to train my legs, usually I give an hour and sometimes more depending on stretching and ab work. My lesson yesterday oddly enough was on circuit training. For those of you who are unfamiliar with circuit training it is one of the most beneficial forms of cardiorespiratory training. Circuit training gets you results without spending extended periods of time. To make it easy to understand circuit training consists of a series of resistance training exercises that you perform one after another with minimal rest.

If you are unfamiliar to this type of training or just starting an exercise regimen I do not recommend this, talk to a fitness professional first. On the other hand if you are hardcore or a fanatic, like myself, I say go for it. My legs were burning and shaking and I perspired more heavily. It was freakin fabulous!!! Now I am ready for yoga this evening!

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
This is very simple yet quite effective. When you are sharing a meal with someone,(and alone), eat your food slowly. Put down your fork and look the other person in the eye when they are talking. This not only will let your body have time to know when it is truly full, (it takes about 20 minutes), you will also build a more meaningful relationship. It feels good to know when someone is really listening. Also, be sure to fully chew your food so your body can break it down and absorb all the nutrients.