Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Stripper pole work

It's late in the afternoon and I just got done training. I had appointments today so I had to push going to the gym back. I always find it harder to get to the gym when it's late. I personally go as soon as I wake up. My arms are killing me though, I still worked hard.

I can't believe I have waited this long to address my all time favorite form of exercise....aerial pole dancing...aka strip pole class. The class sounds intimidating and sorta scant less, but I love it!!!! Pole work is incredibly difficult and you use all of the muscles in your back and arms, not to mention your legs. Pole work is not only a phenomenal form of exercise, it is so empowering. I recommend every woman to take one class just to feel the experience.

The studio I belong to is Be Spun, on Santa Monica and Western in Hollywood. The studio is fantastic, and all levels are welcome to attend most classes. There are all different shapes and sizes of students and it's a very warm, loving environment. There is absolutely no judgements at this studio. I had to stop my membership because of my injury, but my ankle is almost up to par, I can't wait to get back on a pole. I enjoy it so much that I have decided for my birthday in May that I'm going to buy a pole for my home. This way I can practice as much as I'd like, and eventually teach beginers one on one. I'm at the advanced level and would LOVE to give women the confidence to pole dance, it's so much fun!!!

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
Ok this is for women and some trainers will disagree with me on this one. As a women I don't weight train my chest. This is the only muscle that I want fat at, (my breasts). I want to keep my girlish figure so I never spend time on this body part. I do keep the muscles toned with pilates, push-ups, yoga, and plank holds though, it's just enough so there isn't muscle imbalance.