Monday, April 12, 2010

I was bad

It's the start to a new week, woohoooo! Last week I was a little bad with food. Someone I love dearly had a meltdown yesterday so we went out and ate Mexican last night. She needed a treat, and I wanted to be there for her. I also had some pizza for dinner Friday night with friends. I had already eaten Mexican on Weds. so I was feeling a little guilty when I went to bed last night.

I've decided to not consume any alcohol this week. Consuming large amounts of alcohol is the fastest way in gaining weight. I'm not a big drinker but I do like wine with dinner. It's only for a week, and it's good to take a break.

Today was hardcore cardio and I'm happy to report I hit 17.25 miles cycling. I burned a ton of calories, which means I will increase the amount of food I consume. I'm not trying to lose weight, my goal is to gain muscle. If you don't give your body enough nutrition it will start burning your muscle so you need to eat enough.

I've been learning so much fabulous information with my studying. I feel like I'm in medical school and I love it. I'm learning so much about the human body, thank goodness for my excellent memory, (an acting skill). I'm hoping to become a N.A.S.M. certified personal trainer in 6 weeks, I'm really excited!!!

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
You should eat a meal 30-60 minutes after working out, any longer and you will be depriving your body. If you can't get to a meal then drink a protein shake. One of my absolute favorites is Muscle Milk, you can buy a big container,(40 servings), at Costco for around $32. I like the chocolate flavor :)