Thursday, April 8, 2010

Resistance bands

Last night I had yummy Mexican food with my dear friend Andrea, it was my bad meal of the week and oh so good. So, today I wanted to work out extra hard. It was butt day, or gluteus maximus. Let me tell you, I am hurting.

When I work on my butt I do many exercises that use resistance bands. I do use some weights, but I like resistance bands because they make you lean. In other words I'm not trying to make my butt get bigger, just firmer.

There are many different types and styles of resistance bands. Some may be as cheap as $10, and others can be pretty pricey. A good guy friend of mine, (whose body is pretty perfect), recently bought a TRX band and it was $250, but this is more like a machine, you hook it on the back of your door, it's pretty hardcore. It will be my next purchase....gotta save up. You can find resistance bands in any sporting good stores, or even Target.

Thank you for reading and no matter what shape or size you are, always love yourself!!!

xoxo
Michelle

TIP OF THE DAY:
When working with resistance bands there should ALWAYS be some type of resistance. The band should NEVER be loose, even when decelerating.